Administrative work or admin work makes an organization or company's work easier and more convenient because of the tasks and responsibilities the people who compose this department do. They are primarily responsible for making sure that everything that are needed by the employees are met-from the office supplies to properly working equipments and machines, to the provision of meals and drinks, the security of the working environment and everything else that will ensure the smooth operation of the company or organization.
Admin jobs are headed by an administrative manager also called admin manager. His support staff includes some assistants, clerks, and typists. Overall, he is expected to supervise and evaluate employees and is also in-charge of his staff's performance of their duties as well.
Here are the general responsibilities of an admin manager:
• Recruits, trains, evaluates, and supervises the work of his admin support staff
• Manages admin work of another branch which does not have its own manager or administrative supervisor
• Plans, creates, implements, and manages operational budgets
• In coordination with the management, creates and implements administrative policies and regulations
• Creates or serves as communication channel between frontline workers and the management
• Plans and implements periodic meetings with the different departments of an organization and with the management
• A manager's admin occupation also requires him to supervise the security and safety of the working environment and the food and drinks provisions availabilities
• Ensures that all other operational needs of the workers and different departments are met so that work will not be disrupted or delayed in any way
• Meets and discusses with management regarding operational changes, plans, or significant decisions that will affect the organization's operations
People who wish to build an admin career can choose to work as an admin assistant to learn the general responsibilities of the work. While those who have earned a degree in business administration, liberal arts, or human resources have the advantage, most people who are currently in this kind of job earned other bachelor's degrees.
Admin employment is easier for applicants who have experience with clerical work. Applicants are usually trained and supported well by the admin manager before they are expected to learn every task along the way. What is most interesting about this job is that people usually learn way better when already on board. Rightly so because the work is not restricted by theories learned in school.
For an administrative support staff, these are the general responsibilities:
• Responsible for receiving, delivery, and filing of communications and documents
• Ensures that all equipments and machines are working properly and office supplies and food provisions never run out
• Schedules meetings, receiving visitors are also part of admin work
• Coordinate deliveries for supplies, machines, equipments, and provisions with contracted suppliers
• Takes charge of utility expenses
• Is in charge of work permits, visa, travel tickets, and guest and visitors' accommodation
Other tasks and responsibilities may also vary for different admin jobs for an admin support staff in a particular sector or industry. Other tasks and duties may be assigned by the admin manager to his support staff as necessary. Generally, a clerk or an office assistant may also answer or make phone calls, make travel arrangements, do fax, copying, mailing, and other menial tasks. Building a successful admin career starts with menial tasks always, but these are always regarded as significant work in every organization or company.
An admin occupation for a new hire may seem like too many small tasks all at the same time. Nevertheless, these small tasks mean a lot to an organization's operational success. Receiving and making guests comfortable whenever they visit or do business with the company may seem small tasks, but they actually translate to bigger things for the company and the management. These visitors could be investors or partners in the company. Making sure they are well-received and accommodated already means a lot to them and to the success of a company.
Admin jobs are actually a good learning experience for anyone interested to climb up the career ladder. The actual exposure and experience which can be learned for a number of years equip people with the right ingredients to succeed in any other kind of work.
An admin employment is a good training ground for management, flexibility, communication and interpersonal skills development, creativity, and hard work. These can all be learned and acquired through years of good work, experience, and exposure in an admin occupation.
Finding the perfect admin work should be easy since most companies or organizations have an administrative department to support their successful operations. Browsing online for these jobs will be more convenient and quicker. You can check out AdminCrossing.com which has thousands of job listings for admin jobs, and because they have options for you to choose from, it should be an easy and short job hunt. A one-day FREE trial is what AdminCrossing.com offers, so sign up today!