Staten Island, NY, United States
The Concierge serves as an ambassador for the Community. He/she executes receptionist and other responsibilities as defined in this procedure to assist in the administration of the Community.
* Provides positive first impression to all who enter the Community.
* Answers and screens all incoming telephone calls in a courteous and professionalmanner, routing calls and taking messages as appropriate.
* Greets all visitors in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
* Screens and requires visitors to “sign in” at reception desk.
* Notifies Residents of visitors.
* Instructs Resident’s visitor according to Resident’s instructions.
* Receives and processes incoming mail.
* Accepts all outgoing mail/packages.
* Types, copies, orders, and maintains inventory of office supplies, performingother clerical duties as assigned.
* Maintains and updates Emergency Phone Number Log and keeps log at frontdesk.
* Maintains and updates emergency contact information on each Resident andkeeps information at front desk.
* Assists managers with various clerical responsibilities.
* Pages staff as necessary.
* Takes RSVPs for special functions, as necessary.
* Oversees sign-up for scheduled transportation.
* Hands out maintenance requests forms and passes them onto EnvironmentalServices Director.
* Performs other duties as necessary, to include light housekeeping duties.
Compliance and Safety::
* Follows all emergency procedures.
* Understands all safety policies and procedures.
* Communicates effectively with all staff.
* Immediately advises Lifestyle Services Director, Resident Care Director, and General Manager of any changes in physical and/or mental health of Resident immediately.
* High School Diploma required.
* Must possess a high degree of interpersonal relations skills and ability to relateto a variety of people and personalities.
* Requires considerable initiative and judgment.
* Must have word-processing and clerical skills.
* Must be able to work flexible hours and participate in holiday activities.
* Physically able to bend and reach.
* Physically able to sit for extended periods of time.
* Required to work weekends and holidays as assigned.
* May be required to work on shifts other than the one for which hired.
* May be required to work extended hours (up to 16 hours per day).
* May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including HIV,AIDS, and Hepatitis B and C viruses.
* Could be subject to hostile and emotionally upset Residents due to mentalstatus.
* Background, criminal, and drug tests as required by HR policies and procedures.
* May be asked to submit to random drug test during employment.
* May have their picture taken and image used in social media or community advertising.
* May be video recorded from devices installed by families in residents’ apartments.
Website : http://www.hunterdonhealthcare.org
In 1946, Hunterdon was the only county in the state of New Jersey without a hospital. Rose Angell, who was the County’s welfare director, decided that this was unacceptable, and with the help of Louise Leicester, a public relations specialist, she approached the Hunterdon County Board of Agriculture with a plea to build our county a hospital. Residents of Hunterdon county banded together to raise the funds to create their community hospital. In 1953,HunterdonMedicalCenter opened its doors and drew national attention for focusing on wellness and primary care.