HCA Holdings, Inc
Austin, TX, United States
Administrative, Healthcare, Manager, Operations
Assistant Director, PTAC Operations Improvement
JobSummary– The Assistant Director, PTAC Operations Improvement is responsible for working with all of the facilities in specific markets within an SSC regarding implementation of Business Performance Group (BPG) strategies, staffing efficiencies and any other assigned projects. This position will also work with the Concierges and other key Patient Access staff to ensure they have the knowledge and skills to meet Parallon standards for customer service, patient check-in and registration.
Supervisor –Front Office COO
Supervises – various individuals as assigned
Duties (included butnotlimitedto):
· Work with all of the facilities in the market (e.g. Denver)
o Office in one “home” facility and spend 80% of their time rotating between facilities
· Work collaboratively and closely with Parallon BPG Corporate on strategies related to Patient Experience and Staffing efficiency
· Observe, coach and train all Concierges and other key Patient Access staff in the market to ensure the Parallon standards for customer service, patient check-in and registration are followed
· Serve as a key resource in the deployment and implementation of new Parallon strategies, processes or technologies in the area of Patient Access, specifically related to Staffing Efficiency and Patient Experience
· Review Patient Satisfaction results with Patient Access Director, RPADs, Front Office COO and Parallon BPG and make recommendations for improvement in performance/results
· Work with the SSC and BPG Corporate Staffing Directors, RPADs and PADs to implement staffing efficiencies in the facilities
· Ensure Front Office COO and Parallon BPG are informed of deficiencies in the areas of staffing efficiency and barriers to achieving staffing plans and targets as directed by BPG and/or the SSC
· Work with Patient Access Director on review and appropriate entry of data into the Parallon Staffing Tool and make recommendations to improve staffing efficiency
· Review staffing target reports with the PAD, RPAD and Front Office COO on a weekly and/or monthly basis
· Inform the Patient Access Director, RPAD and Front Office COO of any significant issues identified in the Patient Access area (i.e. patient experience, staffing efficiencies, employee concerns, etc.)
· Provideahigh qualityresourceofknowledge, skills and work experiencetothe SSC and associatedfacilities.
· Conductsselfinaprofessional,ethicalandcompassionate manner with allindividuals and co-workers
· Determinestrends inoperationalperformanceandidentifiesprocessimprovementopportunities
· Demonstrates highlevelof proficiency and knowledgein frontofficefunctionsandresponsibilities
· Assumealeadroleforinnovation,knowledgesharingandleadingpractices identificationwithintheSSCandamongpeergroup
· Practiceandadheretothe“Code ofConduct”philosophy and“Missionand Value Statement”
· Otherduties asassigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &ABILITIES
• Technical Expertise – Some understanding of healthcare including knowledge of healthcare terms and accounts receivable processes
• Strategic Analysis - Analytical Review skills and ability to make decisions based on analysis
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
• Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills -demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands,ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detailandable to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Health Care required. If a desired applicant does not have a Bachelor's Degree the requirement can be waived IF they are currently in a Bachelor Degree program.
Minimum three years’ experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience. Relevant education may substitute experience requirement with SSC Executive approval.
Parallon/HCA is an equal opportunity workforce and no one shall discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status with respect to any offer, or term or condition, of employment. We make reasonable accommodations to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Assistant Director Patient Access Operations Improvement
Location: Texas-Austin-St. David's Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08949-161509
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.