The Maine Human Rights Commission
Augusta, ME, United States
Mail Processor/Delivery Clerk
Inventory and Property Associate I
Opening Date: February 5, 2019
Closing Date: February 22, 2019
Job Class Code: 6530
Grade: 11 (Admin Services)
Salary: $13.01/hr - $18.23/hr.
Position Number: 020100151
Open to State of Maine Employees with Promotional Status
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) provides supportive, preventive, protective, public health and intervention services that safeguard the public health and assist our customers in meeting their needs
The Division of District Operations is a statewide unit within DHHS that coordinates facilities operations, performs diverse administrative functions and provides clerical support services to the Department by providing advanced office and administrative support to agency employees and the public. This recruitment is being conducted for a current vacancy located in Augusta.
You will be part of the facilities operations unit performing inventory and property management support services for the Department.
You will also:
• Receive, sort, package and distribute mail.
• Oversee and maintain computerized and/or manual inventory of supplies.
• Move surplus property, furniture, boxes and supplies.
• Modify, adjust, reconfigure and/or move modular furniture.
• Write requisitions and purchase order forms.
• Answer factual inquiries and assist with routine requests.
• Clean and troubleshoot office equipment
• Drive car or light delivery truck.
Training, education or experience in office and administrative support work that demonstrates
1) competency in applying a solid knowledge of inventory and property management principles to perform complex work in conducting inventory operations for a warehouse or stockroom and 2) the ability to use independent judgement in handling exceptions to established work assignments, priorities and schedules.
Preferred candidates will have:
o Excellent customer service.
o Oral and written communication skills.
o The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of internal and external partners.
o Computer skills, Microsoft Office software and database entry.
For additional information about this position, please contact Flint Travers at Flint.Travers@maine.gov or call 207-287-1128.
To apply, please upload a current resume, cover letter and copies of post-secondary transcripts (if required). To request a paper application, please contact Ashley Vigue at Ashley.Vigue@Maine.gov
Value of State’s share of Employee’s Retirement:
15.37% of pay
Value of State-paid Dental Insurance
: $13.13 biweekly
Value of State-paid Health Insurance*:
100% State Contribution = $444.68 biweekly (employee pays nothing)
95% State Contribution = $422.45 biweekly (Employee pays: 5%)
90% State Contribution = $400.21 biweekly (Employee pays: 10%)
85% State Contribution = $377.98 biweekly (Employee pays: 15%)
*The level of actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on employee’s wage rate and status with regard to the health credit premium program as of July 1, 2018.
The Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
The Maine Human Rights Commission
Website : http://maine.gov/mhrc/