Cook Children's Health Care System
Sapulpa, OK, United States
Bluecollar, Hospitality, Administrative, Healthcare
Purpose of Your Job Position:
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in supervising the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Director of Environmental Services, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
Delegation of Authority:
As Housekeeping Supervisor you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
* Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or its equivalent.
* Must be familiar with care of various types of floors, with cleaning materials, etc., and with cleaning and general housekeeping methods and equipment.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
* Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of supervising the housekeeping department.
* Supervise the day-to-day housekeeping functions of assigned personnel.
* Assist the director in setting housekeeping standards.
* Assist in developing procedures for performing daily housekeeping tasks.
* Assist the director in standardizing the methods in which work is accomplished.
* Assist the director in scheduling work assignments, preparing cleaning schedules, etc. Revise as necessary.
* Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing service when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
* Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
* Submit accident/incident reports to the director on the shift in which they occurred.
* Perform administrative requirements (i.e., completing necessary forms, reports, etc.) and submit to the director as necessary.
* Agree not to disclose assigned user ID code and password for accessing resident/facility information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
* Agree not to disclose resident’s protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
* Report any known or suspected unauthorized attempt to access facility’s information system.
* Assist in the orientation and training of housekeeping department personnel.
* Interpret department policies and procedures to new housekeeping personnel.
* Review job description and duty assignment with new department personnel as directed/necessary.
* Train assigned personnel in the proper techniques of mixing chemicals, cleaning disinfectants, and solutions; of cleaning methods; and the use of equipment, etc., as directed.
* Assign personnel to specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments.
* Ensure that personnel are performing assigned tasks in accordance with established housekeeping procedures.
* Review and evaluate the work performance of assigned personnel. Make recommendations to the director.
* Assist in conducting departmental performance evaluations as necessary and in accordance with the facility’s policies and procedures.
* Report daily absenteeism and tardiness to the director.
* Counsel/discipline assigned personnel as requested or as necessary. Report such actions to the director.
* Ensure that departmental disciplinary action is administered fairly and without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, religion, handicap, or marital status.
* Review complaints/grievances of department personnel and make oral/written recommendations and reports to the director.
* Meet with assigned personnel monthly to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or improving services.
* Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility.
* Report known or suspected incidents of fraud to the Administrator.
* Ensure that departmental computer workstations left unattended are properly logged off or the password protected automatic screen-saver activates within established facility policy guidelines.
Cook Children's Health Care System
Website : http://www.cookchildrens.org
Cook Children's, based in Fort Worth, Texas, is a national award-winning, not-for-profit, integrated health care system that comprises the eight companies listed here. In addition, Cook Children's operates more than 60 pediatric medical and specialty clinics throughout Texas. Cook Children's Medical Center is ranked in the top 5 percent of the nation's hospitals for its nursing excellence and has a distinguished reputation for the extraordinary care and outcomes achieved in its Neurology and Neurosurgery, Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neonatology, Hematology and Oncology and Pulmonology programs.