HCA Holdings, Inc
Jourdanton, TX, United States
In July 2017, South Texas Regional Medical Center became part of the Methodist Healthcare System family, the most preferred and respected healthcare provider in the area. With this change of ownership, we are now known as Methodist Hospital South. Even though our name has changed, the heart of our hospital remains; it just got a little bigger. The foundation we now stand on is faith-based and driven by our commitment to “Serving Humanity to Honor God”.
The clinical team at Methodist Hospital South is comprised of healthcare professionals with years of training and experience who bring compassion to their work. Our 67 bed hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center, and recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures. Services include Rehabilitation, Surgical, and Labor & Delivery. For more information, please visit our website atwww.methodisthospitalsouth.com.
General Statement of Duties:The Medical Assistant will perform diversified clinical and administrative support duties. The Medical Assistant will utilize skills in performing technical skills and support skills for the nursing staff in order to care for the patient in an effective and efficient manner.
*Essential Job Functions: *
1. Performs routine duties in caring for outpatient clinic patients as directed by the Registered Nurse and is able to demonstrate appropriate skills and/or competencies.
2. Assists the RN to collect data from patients on admission to clinic and assists with patient discharge preparations as instructed by RN. Reports and documents pertinent information such as vital signs, weights.
3. Maintains confidentiality of patient information and records at all times.
4. Performs Electrocardiograms, Non-invasive hemodynamic testing, vital signs, weights, phlebotomy, removes sutures/staples, simple dressing changes (clean and dry, sterile), assist with sterile procedures, simple, non-sterile dressings, and removes peripheral IV’s, records response to treatments and reports pertinent information to appropriate RN. Obtains and labels specimens from wounds, Guiac stool specimens, Urine and sputum collection in cups, blood collection and transports specimens to lab as directed.
5. Provides assistance to other nursing personnel as needed. Assists with the orientation of new personnel as appropriate. Runs errands, stocks examination rooms, maintains cleanliness of patient rooms, and triage area on a daily basis. Performs other duties as delegated by the RN.
6. Prepares charts and orders for patient’s upcoming clinic visit. Assist with clerical duties as assigned, including medical records correspondence, scheduling procedures, collecting testing reports for RN to review. Will assist in other clerical duties such as answering telephone calls, pages. Medical assistant will triage messages appropriately to the RN.
Minimum Education and Experience:Prior experience as Medical Assistant preferred. Will consider individuals who are certified Nurse Aides. Completion of a certified medical program preferred. Training as military medic or Certified Monitor Technicians would be considered.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:Preferred to have completed of a certified Medical Assistant Program
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Medical Assistant - Clinic
Location: Texas-Jourdanton-Methodist Hospital South
Requisition ID: 26890-90233
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.