North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC, United States
Bluecollar, Administrative, Logistics, Hourly
Essential Job Duties
NC State Dining offers rewarding opportunities for employment across our retail and hospitality units. We offer competitive pay, flexible schedules, and opportunity for learning, growth, and promotion. Dedicated and experienced professionals are available to provide on-the-job training and support to help you meet your full potential.
We are seeking individuals to Join our Pack as a Dishwasher/Stock Clerk.
Essential Job Duties:
• Wash dishes, glassware & serving utensils, bowls, pots & pans, using conveyor belt machine or by hand, ensuring they are cleaned and sanitized;
• Maintain the flow of dish room by having a steady supply of clean dishes, utensils, and glassware ready for use.
• Assist as needed in the beverage and dining area with restocking and cleaning, maintain and restock all public restrooms in the facility and remove all trash, and sweep and mop at the end of the shift.
• Other duties as assigned to ensure NC State Dining business needs are met. Position may be asked to assist in other locations as necessary.
This is an hourly position with a 10-11 month assignment. There is a mandatory 32-day break at the end of 11 months. Excellent performance during this time may provide an opportunity to renew employment and/or advance.
Campus Enterprises is NC State’s lead division of retail and hospitality organizations — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Trademark Licensing, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), Rave! Event Services and the Wolfpack One Card Services. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
NC State Dining is a department within the Campus Enterprises Division. NC State Dining provides campus-wide food service to students, staff, and faculty and the corporate partners on Centennial Campus. NC State Dining operates 14 dining areas, 7 convenience stores, campus concessions, a nutritional counseling service and catering department.
• Be an ambassador for NC State Dining and the university as a whole.
• Work as a cohesive team member and play an integral part in creating a positive work environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalency.
• Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work will also be considered.
Departmental Required Skills
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Requires bending, twisting, pulling and pushing. Because of the nature of a food service operations and working in a kitchen, you must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lb with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, and peers.
• Outstanding customer service skills, including the ability to remain professional and respectful under pressure when dealing with difficult situations.
• Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working in a high volume kitchen preferred
Required License or Certification
Complete all required fields on the application.
Include your entire work history on the application.
**Important**If you are required to be registered by the Selective Service, please certify your compliance by your initials. If this question is not applicable to you, please type “N/A” along with your initials.
Job Open Date
Must Be Open Until
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?
Proposed Hire Date
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org
. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
North Carolina State University
Fax : 919-515-7543
Website : http://www.ncsu.edu
This is the new ncsu.edu, launched in August 2014. This redesigned site offers users an experience that reflects NC State itself. Innovative. Purposeful. Modern. Regular users will notice something immediately about this site: There’s less of it. In redesigning and rebuilding ncsu.edu, we considered the value of every page and subpage, removing content that lacked utility and erasing barriers between users and the information they seek. We took a similar approach to design. The redesigned site is cleaner and brighter, giving its content room to breathe and tell our story. We also streamlined and clarified the organization of ncsu.edu. Primary navigation on our homepage and throughout ncsu.edu is organized around topics: About NC State, Admissions, Research, Academics, Partnerships, Campus Life, Outreach and Athletics. On these pages and the homepage itself, you’ll learn about our world-leading faculty and staff, high-performing students and the solution-driven research and scholarship they produce.