Vinita, OK, United States
Purpose of Your Job Position:
The primary purpose of your job position is to perform the day-to-day activities of the Laundry Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator and/or the Director of Laundry Services, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner, and that an adequate supply of linen is on hand at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
Delegation of Authority:
As a Laundry Worker, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
None required. On-the-job training provided.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
* Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
* Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor no matter how minor they may be. (Note: Such occurrences must be reported on the shift in which they occur.)
* Coordinate daily laundry services with nursing services when performing routine assignments in resident living areas.
* Agree not to disclose assigned user ID code and password for accessing resident/facility information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
* Agree not to disclose resident’s protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
* Report any known or suspected unauthorized attempt to access facility’s information system.
* Attend departmental and staff meetings as directed or called.
* Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments.
* File complaints/grievances with your supervisor.
* Report known or suspected incidents of fraud to the Administrator.
* Ensure that departmental computer workstations left unattended are properly logged off or the password protected automatic screen-saver activates within established facility policy guidelines.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
* Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of laundry areas, for sanitation, order, and safety.
* Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
* Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing laundry practices.
* Must be able to follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instructions, etc.
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
Website : http://www.unityhealthcare.org
First envisioned by community leaders to meet the health care needs of the growing suburban population, Park Ridge Hospital opened its doors in 1975. In 1997, Park Ridge aligned with the former St. Mary's Hospital located in the city of Rochester to form Unity Health System. In 2006, the name of the hospital was changed to Unity Hospital. At Unity Health System you'll find the friendliest and most compassionate people dedicated to providing the best possible health care experience. We have over 70 locations in Rochester and Monroe County, including Unity Hospital, located on the Unity Park Ridge Health Care Campus in the town of Greece and the Unity St. Mary's Campus in Rochester. Key programs include Aging and Community Services, Behavioral Health, Neurosciences, Orthopaedics, and Women's Services. The Village at Unity is Unity's senior living community that offers a full continuum of housing programs including independent, enriched living, and a memory care community. ACM Medical Laboratory is a world leader of patient and clinical trials testing, with locations in western New York, York, England, and India, and lab partnerships across the globe. Our shared commitment to delivering health care the way it should be is reflected in our overall employee and patient satisfaction ratings and quality outcomes. Unity Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission, and is affiliated with the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. For more information on Unity Health System, or Unity Hospital and the many services and programs it offers, please call us at 585-368-3000.