Good Shepherd Health System
Hickory, NC, United States
Administrative, Manager, Healthcare, Accounting
Nature and scope:
The Regional Business Office Manager (RBOM) is responsible for training and supporting the community Business Office Managers in assigned communities to achieve the financial outcomes expected.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
* Excellent communication skills and with ability to speak knowledgeable and fluently to groups of all levels internally and externally.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual leader.
* Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
* Practice and promote Affinity Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles.
* Proficient knowledge of computers software programs, including Matrix. Microsoft office suite skills required.
* Must possess mathematical skills, strong organization skills and be detailed oriented.
* The ability to multi-task required.
* Strong problem-solving skills required with the ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations.
* Must pass criminal background check.
* Must meet all health requirements.
* Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
Essential functions :
* Provides financial Business Office support to communities in assigned area.
* Interviews applicants for the community Business Office positions and provides recommendations to the hiring authority.
* Oversees and coordinates the process for a thorough and timely orientation for new Business Office Staff.
* Provides ongoing leadership, encouragement, and support to the community Business Office Staff.
* Agrees to conduct community visits as assigned to assure business office essential functions are being completed timely and accurately, inclusive of review of aging reports, deposits, room and board tracking forms, resident agreement reviews and employee personnel files.
* Ability to coach and teach assigned staff to achieve company and community goals.
* Assure changes with Medicaid changes, updates, and new requirements are communicated to assigned community staff.
* Identify, through financial statement review, areas of opportunity for financial improvement such as aging and collections.
* Assure all aging accounts and any denials are being worked and completed.
* Ensures completion of all Medicaid and private pay billing for assigned facilities.
* Assure all financial accounting policies are being followed in accordance with company, state, and federal requirements.
* Ensure collection process is being followed.
* Attend weekly and monthly AR reviews for assigned facilities, and all quarterly Business Office meetings as scheduled.
* Ensures procedures are followed to achieve an accurate and timely closing at month end in assigned facilities.
* Completes monthly audit tools and Business Systems reviews as required.
* Agrees to safeguard the privacy of residents’ protected health information from improper use and disclosure according to state and federal law.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Healthcare Administration preferred.
* One (1) to three (3) years of experience in accounts receivable, healthcare billing, or revenue cycle management
* One year of training and management experience preferred.
Good Shepherd Health System
Website : http://www.gsmc.org/
Good Shepherd Medical Center is the area’s preferred hospital with a strong history and reputation for providing high quality, compassionate medical care. A full service, acute-care 425-bed regional referral center, Good Shepherd operates specialty nursing units including cardiology, orthopaedics, general surgery, neurology/neurosurgery, oncology, critical care, obstetrics and pediatrics, where nurses are able to provide specialized care.