Woonsocket, RI, United States
Sep 21, 2023
Family Visiting Referral/Admin Assistant
All staff must be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work, unless a certified medical exemption accommodation is granted. Proof of vaccination must be shown upon hire.
The purpose of this position is to provide telephone and, on occasion, face to face referral response for the First Connections program and clerical duties for other early childhood Family Visiting programs (i.e., Early Intervention, Healthy Families America) The referral process consists of gathering all necessary information via web, fax, phone and mail delivery to determine program interest and eligibility, as well as scheduling the first appointment for direct services. The Referral Specialist enters referral information and disposition in the FC Referral log and web-based RIDOH portals. This staff contacts the referred family to discuss the program intake, schedule first appointments and subsequent appointments if needed. This staff also works closely with direct service staffers to maintain schedules appropriately and coordinate with other Family Visiting programs when multi program referrals are made. Clerical duties include filing, mailings, copying, organizing billing documentation for data entry and other administration tasks as required.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIRED:
High school diploma, as well as experience in telephone and face to face interviewing. Working knowledge of program and intake processes. Must have an ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner in all contacts with clients, community agencies and staff. Bi-lingual capacity in Spanish/English is required.
· Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including telephone/text communications, office systems, and record keeping.
· Knowledge of proper business communication, including style and format of letters, memoranda, minutes, and reports.
· Skill to use a computer, various software packages and web-based portals.
· Skill to type 50 words per minute.
· Ability to establish priorities and work independently.
· Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, clients and providers in person and via the phone.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.