Brooklyn, NY, United States
Retail, Bluecollar, Administrative
Requisition Number: WE-17005
Area of Interest: Merchandising
Brand/Division: West Elm
Position Type: Full-time
Merchandise Coordinator, Bedroom, Dropship and Collaborations
Who we are:
Born in Brooklyn. At home in the world. west elm has been helping customers express their personal style at home since the launch of our first catalog in 2002. Our home base is nestled down under the Manhattan Bridge in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart and hard-working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand.
The Merchandise Coordinator reports to the Associate Buyer and provides support and coordination for the merchandise team for all channels of sales. Manage sample requests and shipments, price updates, SKU creation, and updates on the SKU informational level. This very critical support role oversees merchandise data from SKU setup, sample tracking, promotions, and markdowns for the Furniture Division. The ideal candidate has strong organizational and analytical skills and the ability to foster relationships with cross-functional teams and peers to deliver results. A candidate in this role will learn the foundations of how the West Elm business operates, and will interact with other members of the merchandising and planning teams.
* Merchandising: Enter and maintain all price and cost changes for DTC and Retail, working closely with inventory partners and sourcing teams.
* Communicate as needed with the merchandise team in regards to project and sample status, costing/SKU worksheets.
* Set up and maintenance of all SKUs for stocked and dropship product.
* Upload and maintain linking status for DTC and direct ship product on the website and through the dropship portal.
* Connect with global merchandise teams and create global-specific SKUs.
* Update SKU details as the assortment changes on the individual and collection level.
* Enter POS Markdowns and Promotions.
* Manage samples for photo shoots and seasonal presentations and work with our photo and warehouse teams to track sample positions as needed.
* Track and open packages and samples; coordinate movement of merchandise to sample rooms.
* General administrative duties.
* Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team.
* Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details, especially in a fast-paced environment.
* Are a task master, and love to cross things off your list
* Have no problem switching gears at a moment's notice
* Previous experience in data entry and administration.
* Excel skills; experience in PLM SKU lifecycle system preferred.
* Experience in operations preferred.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
* Competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; tax-free spending accounts; same-sex domestic partner benefits; commuter benefits; and more
* A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
* Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
* A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
* Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
* Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com/